Oat and almond butter energy bars:
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 c. steel cut oats
1/2 c. flax seed
1/2 c. quinoa
1/2 c. toasted wheat germ
1 cup nuts (walnuts/almonds/pecan/pistachio/cashew/macadamia blends)
1 cup dried fruit (fig, dates, cherry, raisins, cranberry, blueberry blends)
1/4 c. shredded coconut
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. honey or agave nectar
1/2 c. almond or cashew butter
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 c brown sugar
1 dark chocolate candy bar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Toast oats. (5-6 minutes at 350)
2. Dry roast (in non stick frying pan) quinoa and flax seed
3. In a large bowl, combine oats, flax, quinoa, wheat germ, nuts, fruits + salt.
4. Grease the baking pan with coconut oil.
5. In a sauce pan combine honey or agave with maple syrup, almond or cashew butter, coconut oil, brown sugar, and chocolate for about 3 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
6. Combine all ingredients. Press into baking pan and bake for approx 12-15 minutes.
Cool, cut into squares, and store in ziplock bags. Lots of good calories.